Cybersecurity Content Specialist
As a part of a great team, you will be creating immersive cybersecurity training modules that provide a hands-on learning experience. The current team has people with varied skills, and we are looking for someone to complement the team with hands-on cybersecurity knowledge.
What will you be doing in this role?
Depending on your strengths, you could be:
- Scripting a server build.
- Setting up a service (like DNS, web server, email server, database, etc.).
- Setting up an intricate network for a large cyber game.
- Developing a vulnerable application or system.
- Writing an attack or user emulation.
- Writing learning materials for a security tool.
Read more about this role in our blog post: "How RangeForce Applies a Hackers-Mindset to Cybersecurity Training: Q&A with the Head of Content Development at RangeForce"
- Understanding of cybersecurity measures to protect an organization’s computer networks and systems, and knowledge on identifying technical security vulnerabilities.
- Experience with a range of cybersecurity tools used to defend an organization’s Information Assets (including SIEM, SOAR, NAC, Endpoint Management, Anti-Malware, IDS/IPS, Firewalls)
- General familiarity with Risk Management concepts
- Experience with securing and using Windows (particularly Powershell)
- Experience with using the Linux command line.
- Skills on how to use at least one scripting language (Bash, Ruby, Python, etc) to script a cyber-attack.
- Good communication skills and teamwork attitude.
- Is capable of creating instructions and study material.
Useful to have:
- Experience in a Security Operations Centre (SOC) as an analyst or threat hunter.
- Experience with threat intelligence solutions
- Knowledge of how to use Metasploit to test the security of different systems.
- Thorough understanding of Linux operating systems, their vulnerabilities and hardening methods.
- Experience with web development and an understanding of common coding mistakes in web development.
- Can compile programs and/or payloads in the C programming language.
- Basic experience with web development and an understanding of common coding mistakes in web development
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Make an impact on the technology community, make a difference and change the way people defend against cyberattacks. We do not see this as a job – we see it as a mission.
- Be part of a fast-paced startup environment where you get involved in challenging projects and work with global customers.
- Join a dedicated global team of cybersecurity and software professionals.
- Grow professionally in a flat engineering structure and work with different projects and cross-functional teams.
- Enjoy flexible work hours to balance your life, your continued education, and your work.
- Talented and hard-working t̶r̶o̶l̶l̶s̶ team members.
- Get all the perks that come with a tech startup, including health days, coffee at the office, team events, and much more.
- You get a competitive salary and a benefits package.